Saturday 26 March 2011

Summer gemstone - amethyst

I don't know about you but I am very affected by the seasons and like to try to accomodate them in my use of crystals and gemstones. Seeing as it is the first day of summer tomorrow, then what should we be bringing out and placing at the centre of our gemstones work?

For me, the summer crystal is amethyst. It's so calm and peaceful that it perfectly reflects the stillness of warmer days. It also has that beautiful depth of colour that seems to fill our hearts will joy when we have become used to grey and gloom all winter.


So for a breath of fresh, summer air, I recommend amethyst to you. It doesn't matter whether you go for a massive piece that takes over the room, a few scattered tumblestones around the house or even some pretty amethyst jewellry. Just be sure to embrace the change of the season :)

No comments: